* Ana and I hung out at the AWP bookfair for one day only. We paid no money, but luckily, I got to share a table with Cannibal, Kitchen Press, and Soft Targets. I saw lots of nice books, though I had no money; moreover, I chatted with lots of pleasant poets — too many to recount. But you should certainly see a few photos of said poets here.
* William Howe slipped me Tom Orange’s “American Dialectics” hot off his Slack Buddha Press.
* Cannibal Books dropped Dustin Williamson’s “Exhausted Grunts” into my little hands.
* Matt Hart handed over “B^Sides” by his band, Travel. I’m looking forward to hearing what sounds emerge …
* John Deming passed along his Dusie chapbook, “Toadous,” forthcoming.
* Billy Collins came over and offered me his “dirty” candy bar, pictured below, which I accepted. I then offered him my latest book, which he politely accepted. I asked him to please not take it if he was going to give it away. He said he would read it and left. True story.